How many of you take care of your house?
How many of you are disgusted when your house is a mess?
For those that are
Then why is it so hard to clean up our enivronment
It does not take much
Really
Is it so hard to drive a little less
To take public transportation
To carpool with people
To walk or bike instead of drive
For alot of people it apparently is
Our society has become so dependen on the automobile
I mean look at how much larger and larger people are becomming
Look at when the automobile was introduced
Then look at when obeseity started to rise
I bet you would find a interesting correlation
-------- ------ -------- ---
I digress though from the original point
I am not here to point out reasons why people are large
I am here to adress the concern for our environment
Our Home called Earth
People people can you hear me?
The time to act is now!
The temperatures!
Thems arisin!
You cannot ignor the facts
The facts that there is more CO2 in the atmosphere than before
The fact that the temperature is warmer than it has been in centuries
The ice in the artic is shrinking and will be no more in decades to come
Do you want to see Polar Bears go extinct?
Do you want to see the current in the North Atlantic go dormant?
What do you mean dormant?
I mean is that as more fresh water ice (melting glaciers of Greenland) enters the Atlantic
The current that brings warmer water and temperatures to Europe will stop
This will cause a drastic drop in temperatures
Temporarily causing a period of frezzing
Then will come a time or warming
Becomming so warm that parts of the world will be extremely hot
It is a future that can become true if we do nothing
I emplore you to do something
Even if it is as simple as recycling
Driving less
Walking or biking
I ask you not as a Geographer
Not as a envrinmentalist
But as a fellow member of this planet
I do not care how hip this may be in the media
We do not need people who want to be hip to jump on the bandwagon
We need people who care and want to save this planet for future generations
So join us in the fight to make this planet a place for future generations to grow up in
A place where they are not batteling horrific weather conditions
A place where they are no endless summers
Lets make it a place to enjoy
A place where people can live
A place that is better than what it is today
We owe it to this planet
With out it we would be no more
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment