This fight has gotten very ridiculous
I was watching the news from yesterday
NBC Nightly News to be exact
And they had a story on how some school are banning
Now get this
Cupcakes!
This girl was making cupcakes for her class birthday party
Now when we were kids
Who did not bring in cupcakes
Or some delicious treats
But to ban them at certain schools...
I mean come on
It's only a cupcake
The line has to be drawn
And I am drawing it
------------------------
Boo yah!
Yes I agree that some foods should be limited
Yes I agree that kids are not getting the exercise they need
Yes I agree food nowadays has become this fast on the go type
But parents and knowledgeable kids must take some responsibility
Do not feed your kids McDonalds or some variant of that
I do not care how long your day may have been
It is your responsibility as a parent
To do right by your kid
Also...
Kids also need to take some responsibility
By the time you are in Middle or High school
You should know what you should or should not eat
It is not that hard to realize that fast food everyday is not good
But this is a reflection of our nation
A nation that has become lazy and fat
Lazy due to the technology we have
Fat due to the money we have
People never talk to one another anymore
No, it is so much easier to do that over the Internet
To people we do not know
To people we can be someone different with
No one does hard work anymore
Why do it when you do not have to?
When you can hire someone to do it
That seems to be the ever prevalent attitude today
We would rather sit in front of a computer or tv playing video games
Playing games that you could go outside and play
I find it absolutely absurd that one plays football or basketball video games
When you can just walk outside and play for real
Ok so I have gone off on another tangent
One that is linked in a way but is not
My gripe was with how absurd this war
War on Obesity has become
Yes we need to do more to curb the weight problem
That this country is going trough
But somethings just should not be touched
Should be left in place
For goodness sake
It is just a cupcake
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Did you see on the news that Santa is going to go on a diet? B/c people think that kids will look at Santa and think it's ok to be fat... WTF?! Did you ever think that as a kid???
Post a Comment