08 December 2007

Coffee Shop

So it is late
Well for some maybe not
But for me it is as of late
I think most of us in University
Can relate to this feeling
Especially once we get toward the end

I swear it does not feel that long
5 years in college
Feels like I just moved up here yesterday
And now it may all end
Am I ready?

This I do not know
For part of me is not
I like going to class
Seeing familiar faces
Professors that I like

To enter the real world is scary
Being a intern has prepared me a bit
But not as much as I'll need
I am scared
I do not want to fail

I am on the hunt
Looking for jobs
Applying to jobs
Waiting and wishing
Hoping and Praying that I'll get the call

That call to come on down
Go in the game
To collect my prize
To get my just due
To start anew again

But so far nothing
Just waiting
And waiting
And worrying
Will I be wanted?

My skills are limited
I know the basics
But is that enough
Some want more
Some are vague

I hope that I will get that call
I will get that chance
That someone finds me worthy
Worthy of working for them
I hope I hope

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wait for me before you leave Sac. =(

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.